Although Zuper offers an array of out-of-the-box fields and field types including text, number, date, and attachments, there are provisions to create your own Custom Fields that are tailored to your business. When you create a custom field in the Jobs module, it will be displayed on the New Job Form and the Job Details Page.
Creating a Custom Job Field
- To create a Custom Job Field, navigate to the "Settings" icon in the Menu.
- Locate the "Custom Fields & Checklist Settings" section and select "Job Fields".
- You will be directed to the "Job Fields" page which displays different types of fields available at your disposal as "Available Components".
- Single-Line Input: This allows you to create a field to enter a single line of free text.
- Multi-Line Input: This allows you to create a field to enter multiple lines of free text.
- Date Input: This allows you to create a field where you can select specific date from a calendar.
- Time Input: This allows you to create a field where you can select a specific time.
- Date Time Input: This allows you to create a field where both date and time can be selected.
- Drop-down: This allows you to create a drop-down field with the list of predefined options.
- Checkbox Input: This allows you to create check-boxes where the provided options can be checked.
- Radio Input: This allows you to create a Radio Input Field where one of the provided options can be selected.
Note: All of these fields can have personalized labels, be made mandatory or optional, and also visibility can be made available to only back-office or to both back-office users and technicians.
- From available components, select the required type of field and drag it into the "Current Job Custom Fields" section and click on the component to edit it.
Note: By default, newly created custom fields will be displayed in the general category.
- If you would like to remove/delete a particular field, select Delete or click and drag the field out of the "Current Job Custom Fields" area.
- If a particular field needs to be available only for a selected job category, you can achieve this by grouping custom fields.
- To group custom fields within their category, click on the "More Actions" drop-down and select "New Group".
- Enter the group name and select the job category for which you would like this group to be displayed. Note: if the group needs to be shown in all job categories select "Any Category".
- Once you're done creating a custom field, click on "Save Fields".
Note: If a particular field needs to be hidden from Field Technician's on the "Zuper Pro" mobile application, click on the field, select the "Hide to Field Executive" checkbox and click on "Save".
Note: The order in which the fields are displayed can be rearranged according to your choice using simple drag and drop mechanism.