Being the heart of the Zuper Web-App, the New Job Form Module holds an array of important fields, sections, and tables. Here's all you need to know about the components of your New Job Form.
1. Customer Details Section
This section captures all essential customer-related information that your employees need to complete a service request aka job.
Choose a Customer
- If you have your customer information uploaded into your Zuper account and ready in your Zuper Web-App, all you need to do to fill out this page is click on the Choose Customer field. It will open a dialog that displays a list of all your existing customers.
- You can search your customers by their Name, Email Address, and Phone Number in the Search Customers field.
- Locate the specific customer and click on Select Customer to auto-populate their information in the New Job Form.
Create a New Customer
- To add a new customer to your Zuper account, Click on the New Customer link which is located on the right of Choose Customer field header.
- This action will open up a Create New Customer dialog in the same window.
- Enter all required details in the dialog and click on Save.
The new customer will be added to your Zuper account and all the information you just entered will be auto-populated on the New Job Form Page.
Service Address Field
This field is used to edit the customer's address for this specific job (if required). You can also use our Pick From Map link to pinpoint the address accurately on the map.
- Click on the Pick From Map hyperlink.
- You will be redirected to Pick Address from Map dialog which displays the google location of your entered address.
- You can modify the pinned address by either entering the customer address in the search bar or by dragging the location pin to the precise location.
This field is used to capture your customer's billing address. If it's the same as the service address, click on the Same as Service Address checkbox to copy the service address.
2. Job Details Section
- Prefix: Ideal for entering a prefix before your Job Title (i.e., year - 2021) which is typically auto-filled by the system.
- Job Title: Captures a brief description of the selected job, need not be unique or comprehensive.
- Job Category: Helps group and categorize the list of jobs you offer, i.e., disinfection, cleaning, repair, etc. Select a predefined category from the dropdown. (Note: Once a job is created a job category cannot be edited)
- Job Priority: Enables stakeholders to communicate the importance of a job. Each job is prioritized as any one of the priority types: low, medium, high, or urgent.
- Job Type: Specifies whether it is a brand-new job or another revisit/follow-up job
-> New Job: A first-time visit that has freshly been added to Zuper.
-> Revisit Job: A continuation of a job previous job or a recurring job.
- Parent Job: Used when stakeholders need to create a follow-up or map this job to an existing job.
- Job Recurrence: The time interval at which the job is set to repeat for the same client automatically
-> No Recurrence: If the job requires only one visit.
-> Recurring Job: If the job needs to be executed at a particular time interval.
- Job Start Time: The date and time by which this specific job needs to be initiated.
- Job End Time: The tentative date and time for when the job must be completed.
(Note: If you've configured the estimated job duration of the selected Job Category, then the start and end time will be auto-populated from the current date and time.)
- Job Due Date: The date by which a job must be completed. If the customer account has a predefined SLA, then based on the SLA, a due date will be auto-populated.
- Choose Asset: If an asset is required/involved in the job, it can be selected using this field. (Note: This field will be visible only if your organization has enabled Zuper's Asset Module)
- Choose Contract: If you have an open service agreement with your customer, you can select and display important contractual information like timeline, service cost, and more by clicking on this field. (Note: this field will be visible only if your organization has enabled Zuper's Contract Module)
- Job Tags: A tag for the job in question can be used for future reference and filtering. (one or more tags can be used)
- Job Description: This field can be used to add any additional information that your field technicians need to know. If your specific Job Category has a job description in place, it will be auto-populated in this field of your New Job Form. Dispatchers and Administrations can give detailed information about a specific job using the rich-text format, image attachments, videos, etc.
- Custom Fields: Custom fields are used to describe a job further. All your custom fields will be listed at the bottom.
Note: Only Super Users or Administrators have access to create a custom field in the Settings Module.
Assign Employees Section
For every job in your organization, you need to assign a Field Executive. You can select and assign this job to a specific Field Executive or a team, just as you're creating a New Job.
- Click the Select Team dropdown and begin to type the name of the team that needs to complete this specific job.
- After the team selection, you can either assign one Field Technician or Multiple Field Technicians to perform the job.
- Click on the Show Only Available Users checkbox to view a list of technicians who are available to take the job on the respective scheduled date.
You can also update the User Assignment even after a job is created.
Preview and Save Section
This section will display an overview of all job details that you have entered so far, once you have checked and confirmed the said information, and click on the "Save Job" button to create the job.