Quotations are documents that approximate how much a job will cost right before the technician begins a job. Once the customer accepts the quotation and the job gets done, that specific quotation is converted to an Invoice which specifies how much your customer owes you for the product or service that you have offered.
Quotation and Invoice templates are billing layouts which organize pertinent information in the respective quotation or invoice in a desirable fashion. Zuper enables you to create templates in the PDF format helping your field service agents generate billing documents effortlessly for your customers while ensuring consistency and compliance.
Note: Only administrators can create, edit, and delete quotation and invoice templates
Creating Quotation & Invoice Templates
- Select the Settings icon on the Menu. Click on Quotes & Invoice located under the Configuration Settings section. You will be redirected to Settings page. Now select, Quote & Invoice Templates under Configurations.
- You can view the list of available templates. To create a new template, click on the New Template button in the Quote Templates table.
- This will prompt a Create Template dialog. To proceed, select the Type of template that would like to create.
- Once you have selected the type, enter a name for your template.
- Add a description about the template in the Template Description text box.
- Enter the required information for the template, if you would like to create the template using HTML, click on the HTML toggle button on the top right.
- The Available Components section can be used to insert the respective information from Zuper into the template.
- Click on the Validate Template button to verify the template before submitting it.
- Fill in all required fields and select Save Template to create a new template.
Editing Quotation & Invoice Templates
- Once you click on the Quote & Invoice Templates field in the left pane of the Quotes & Invoice Settings Page, you will see a list of all available templates.
- To edit a template, click on the Edit icon on the specific template which you would like to edit.
- It will prompt open the Update Template dialog.
- You can customize the template and click on Validate Template to check whether the customization was a success.
- If there are any issues with your template, you will get an Error Message right below the Template Description text box.
- Once you have made the required changes, click on Update Template.
Deleting Quotation & Invoice Templates
- Once you click on the Quotes & Invoice Templates field in the left pane of the Quotes & Invoice Settings Page, you will see a list of all available templates.
- To delete a template, click on the Delete icon on the specific template which you would like to delete.
- It will prompt open the Delete Template dialog.
- To delete the template, you will have to confirm your action by clicking on the Delete button.